Sex is the essence of our existence. When you have intercourse, it is important to make it as fun and pleasure-filled as possible. There are many ways to do this, and tantric secrets have been passed down from one generation to the next.
If you think you know every exotic position or way to make your partner orgasm like never before, you are wrong. Writings about ancient lovemaking arts should be in every man and woman’s library. Let’s take a look at the 6 Kamasutra books that are worth having in your bookshelf.
You will discover these 6 best kamasutra books on our list:
- The Modern Kama Sutra by Kamini Thomas & Kirk Thomas
- Little Black Book of Kama Sutra by L. L. Long
- The Complete Illustrated Kama Sutra by Vatsyayana & Lance Dane
- The Complete Kama Sutra by Mallanaga Vatsyayana & Alain Danielou
- The Pocket Kama Sutra: Erotic Secrets for Modern Lovers by Nicole Bailey
- Kama Sutra: Including the Seven Spiritual Laws of Love by Dr Deepak Chopra
Book #1 – The Modern Kama Sutra by Kamini Thomas & Kirk Thomas
One of the most popular modern renditions of the old arts of love. The authors have went the extra mile to ensure that this book provides every last juicy detail to rev up your love life and really understand the principles provided by the ancient sex art.
This intimate guide is a must-have and probably the first one you will want to buy out of this list. What is more, it includes the following:
- 176 pages.
- Sections on fast sex sequences.
- Locations to try.
- Massage and touching techniques to stimulate your partner further.
- Seduction, oral and foreplay tips.
- 200 colorful photographs.
- 40 positions that you must try.
- Tips and step-by-step instructions.
This is just the start of what is included in this piece of writing. You will also find in-depth advice and information on all of your relationship problems and questions.
Book #2 – Little Black Book of Kama Sutra by L. L. Long
L.L. Long does a great job at transforming the ancient wisdom in such a way that modern readers can truly appreciate and apply the wisdom provided in the ancient texts.
This text is amazing because it skips any irrelevant or non-important information and delves right into the good stuff. The book is broken down into a few major sections:
- Introduction – A must-read. This explains why everyone today should care about the old texts and why they can mean so much to your love life.
- Setting the Scene – A chapter that explains why the scene is important and how you can make sex better through setting up your space.
- Embraceable You – Talks about romance, intercourse and how you are embraceable.
- Oral Arguments – A great section on kissing and other pleasures that need to be introduced to the bedroom.
- The Pleasure Principles – The meat of the book deals with positions and techniques found in this part of his work.
- Kinky – An in-depth look into kinky behaviors and how every person has their own fetishes.
- Beyond the Boudoir – How to deal with sex after it has occurred and what you can do to keep up the romance.
Book #3 – The Complete Illustrated Kama Sutra by Vatsyayana & Lance Dane
This piece of writing provides stunning imagery along with text for a complete work of art. Not only is this edition aesthetically pleasing, it is filled with writings that break down the ancient love art like never before.
Upon cracking upon this book, you will find the following sections or writings as the author categorizes them:
- General Principles – The basic study of Shastras, arts, sciences and more from the older texts.
- Love-play and Sexual Union – Beautiful imagery broken down into 9 chapters. This discusses union, kissing, biting, oral and a slew of other important points.
- Courtship and Marriage
- The Wife
- Seducing the Wives of Others
- The Courtesan
- Secret Lore and Sexual Power
The latter books are all self-explanatory and provide a truly well-rounded approach to the ancient pleasure techniques.
Book #4 – The Complete Kama Sutra by Mallanaga Vatsyayana & Alain Danielou
A very interesting read and an instant classic by Mallanaga Vatsyayana. What makes this modern translation different from the rest is that it is not purely a translation like most texts are.
Instead, this is an insight into the sexual lives in India at the time and goes through everything, including:
This is a book that should come after some of the others mentioned as it is less of a sexual guide then the other inclusions.
Book #5 – The Pocket Kama Sutra: Erotic Secrets for Modern Lovers by Nicole Bailey
Nicole Bailey provides a pocket lovemaking guide that is meant for easy transport and even easier reading.
The author has written 144 pages of erotic secrets. This covers the following issues:
- Answers on how to have super sensual intercourse.
- The secret to last for hours in the bedroom.
- Passionate positions.
Meant for the modern lover, this books combines all of the classic texts and takes their best ideas and transforms them.
This is timeless wisdom meant to connect the mind and body in the bedroom.
Book #6 – Kama Sutra: Including the Seven Spiritual Laws of Love by Dr Deepak Chopra
Dr. Deepak Chopra truly provides 160 pages of masterful spiritual laws and practices. This is a book that is deep in spirituality and focuses more on your senses and how to get pleasure from all 5 senses at once.
This is a lot different than the other books reviewed because Dr. Chopra takes a whole different approach to the sex arts. It is broken down into main sections:
- A complete introduction to ancient love arts.
- Inspirations and writings about lovemaking, the universe and various other details.
- The 7 spiritual stages of love.
You will also find beautiful drawings and depictions of poses and erotic language within the text. This is a great piece of writing that can even be left out on the coffee table.