I have been looking all over the internet to discover honest information on the ingredients used in the Titan Gel. I wasn’t lucky enough to discover information that I would be able to trust so I have decided to buy this gel for myself.
Once I received the product I had a detailed look at what ingredients this male enhancement gel contains. Sadly, I have to say that I was surprised, but not in a good way.
INGREDIENTS FROM PRODUCT LABEL
Because I am no chemical expert, I always consult reputable websites on individual substances used in a product.
Titan gel contains the following ingredients:
- Aqua – Water included in this product serves as a source of moisture for sodium polyacrylate to create a stable gel form.
- Sodium Polyacrylate – Sodium polyacrylate is a functional polymer that can absorb hundred times its own weight in water. It starts out as a powder and as it comes into contact with moisture, it swells into its gel like form (learn more).
- Dimethicone – Dimethicone is an emollient. This is a substance that softens and moisturizes the skin and decreases itching and flaking (learn more).
- Cyclopentasiloxane – This substance is a form of silicone that is often used in beauty products as a conditioner, delivery agent, lubricant and solvent. It may help some ingredients penetrate the skin more effectively. Like all the other silicone like ingredients, this one has an unique fluidity that makes it easily spreadable (learn more).
- Trideceth-6 – Is a polyethylene glycol (PEG) that is seen in a variety of cosmetics and personal care products as a surfactant and emulsifier (learn more).
- PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone – This substance is part of a group of polymers called Dimethicone Copolyol (silicones) that are resistant to chemical, physical, biological and microbiological degradation within the realm of preparation, storage, and use in cosmetics and personal care products (learn more).
- Propylene Glycol – Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds and as a base for deicing solutions (learn more).
- Poloxamer 184 – Poloxamers help to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified and help other ingredients to dissolve in a solvent in which they wouldn’t normally dissolve (learn more).
- Verbena Officinalis (Vervain) Flower/Leaf Extract – This substance is often used as a masking and skin conditioning agent in cosmetics (learn more).
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Sodium Hyaluronate is the salt form of Hyaluronic Acid, a water-binding ingredient that has the ability to fill the spaces between the connective fibers known as collagen and elastin (learn more).
- Succinic Acid – A water-soluble, colorless crystal with an acid taste that is used as a chemical intermediate, in medicine, the manufacture of lacquers, and to make perfume esters. It is also used in foods as a sequestrant, buffer, and a neutralizing agent (learn more).
- Fragaria vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract – This extract serves as an astringent and a skin conditioning agent. An astringent is a chemical that shrinks or constricts body tissues and in the form of a lotion is often applied to the skin to reduce bleeding from minor abrasions or as a cosmetic to make the skin less oily (learn more).
- Menthol – Menthol is an organic compound with flavoring and local anesthetic properties. It has a counterirritant effect on skin and mucous membranes, thereby producing a local analgesic or anesthetic effect (learn more).
- Phenoxyethanol – Phenoxyethanol is an ether alcohol with aromatic properties. Demonstrating antimicrobial ability, phenoxyethanol acts as an effective preservative in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and lubricants (learn more).
- Glyceryl Laurate – Glyceryl monoesters (a group of substances where glyceryl laurate belongs) are primarily used in the formulation of creams and lotions, moisturizers, and other skin care products as surfactants and emulsifying agents (learn more).
- Sodium Hydroxide – Sodium Hydroxide is an inorganic compound used to control the pH levels or serve as a buffering agent in cosmetics and personal care products (learn more).
This is a complete list of ingredients that are published on the product label I have received after making a purchase on the official product website TitanGel.com. Actually, I was a little bit surprised and disappointed at the same time with these ingredients.
On the official product website, the information on ingredients states that they use extracts from potent herbs as Epimedium, Thistle, Lichen, and Peruvian Maca (just see the screenshot below).
Sadly, as you could see in my photo of product label with ingredients there is no mention of these plants. This is something I don’t like among manufacturers of male enhancement products.