REMEMBER: These TIPS Are Really POWERFUL. They May Make Her ADDICTED to You! Do Not ABUSE Them! These Strategies Helped Over 10,000 Readers! Tip Number 4 is WICKED!
Who says chivalry is dead? Being a perfect gentleman takes some practice. However, once you get the hang of it, you’ll be proudly walking down the street with one woman in each arm and men tipping their hats to you.
- CLICK HERE to jump to the 1st tip!
Way #10 – Open & Hold Doors, Especially for Ladies
There was a time when opening and holding doors for women was second nature for men. While there are some modern day chicks who are against this idea, this courteous gesture is still very much appreciated by most ladies.
Not sure how or when to do this? Here are some tips:
- If your gal arrives at the door first and starts to open it, pull it even further. Don’t knock her hand off it or make a silly comment like “allow me.” Just do it politely and quietly. Make it look effortless.
- If you both arrive at the same time, step to the side and open it without knocking her over.
- When walking through double doors, it’s only necessary to focus on just one door.
- If you’re walking through a swinging door, step through first and hold it open for her. Avoid using your back while keeping them open as this may cause her to trip over your feet or squeeze through as she walks by.
- For revolving ones, reach out and slow it down so that she may enter.
- Open car doors as she enters the vehicle, and offer her your hand as she steps in and out. Before closing it, make sure that all purse straps and skirt bottoms are inside of the car.
Please note: Allow her to open the door herself when exiting the vehicle!
Way #9 – Master The Art of a Proper Handshake
While you probably won’t be shaking your date’s hand, there’s a good chance that the two of you will meet someone you will have to do this with at some point. When you do, you want to make sure that you do it right. A proper handshake shows that you’re confident and well-mannered.
Here are some tips on how to master this art:
- Look the person in the eye and smile.
- Keep within their line of sight.
- Use a firm grip. You don’t want your grip to be limp or weak, nor do you want to use a death grip.
- If you have sweaty hands, nonchalantly wipe them on your pants before shaking.
Keep in mind! If you’re attending a social gathering, it’s polite to shake hands when meeting new people and to do this with the host when both arriving and leaving the gathering.
Way #8 – Maintain a Classy Style with a Proper Suit, Watch & Accessory
Chivalrous men care about their appearance and maintain a classy style. They often wear suits, a watch, and an appropriate accessory. By taking pride in your appearance, you demonstrate to others that you care about yourself.
No man or woman will take you seriously if you’re haphazardly dressed and haven’t bathed in the better part of a week. A gentleman is well-dressed and well-groomed. His suit shows that he’s professional and confident; his watch ensures that he’s never late; he chooses to wear accessories that are practical and fashionable.
Of course, you can’t just wear any suit and expect to look like a gentleman. It must fit properly for it to really make an impression. Here are some tips you should consider while getting one:
- The shoulders should lay flat. In other words, your shoulder bone and the shoulder seam should be the same length. The shoulder and arms should meet at the same point that your own body parts meet. The suit’s shoulders are one of the most important parts of the fit and are difficult to correct with alterations. If nothing else, make sure that these fit properly before buying a suit jacket.
- The seat of the trousers should drape smoothly over your rear end.
- The trouser should be just a touch longer in the back than in the front, and the front bottom of the trouser should rest on top of your shoe.
- For sleeve length, about a half an inch of the shirt cuff should be visible.
- The length of the jacket should extend to about the middle of your hand.
Way #7 – Speak Intelligently & Avoid Swearing
Gentlemen are mindful of how they speak, especially in front of the ladies. Avoid swearing when out in public. Instead, be polite and use intelligent vocabulary. You may have the mouth of a sailor behind closed doors, but you need to put your best foot forward when out in public.
If you wouldn’t say it in front of your mother, you shouldn’t say it at all. Using profanities is both disrespectful and offensive to most people, especially if you’re just meeting them for the first time. Instead of embarrassing yourself, brush up on your vocabulary and keep your conversations PG rated.
Please note: If someone has a differing opinion on a topic, agree to disagree and move on. Resorting to name-calling or mouthing off to another person will only make you appear immature and hot-tempered.
Way #6 – Learn How to Cook Few Great Meals
Women love a man who can cook. Do you have to be a gourmet chef? No, but learning how to prepare a few great meals will impress her and teach you vital life skills. No woman wants to deal with a man that can’t even make a hot dog or boil an egg.
This is a simple life skill that you should at least know a little bit about. Learn how to grill a steak or create a killer marinara sauce. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Simple dishes are sometimes the most delicious.
Please note: I highly recommend recipes from these sites (All are easy to do and very tasty) – FoodNetwork.com & AllRecipes.com!
Way #5 – Get Her Coat & Help with Her Chair
Women of today are all about being independent, but they still love it when men go out of their way to do special things for them. Despite what ladies claim they want, it’s in their nature to choose men who will protect them, care for them and make them feel safe.
In a small way, getting her coat for her and helping her with her chair will show her that you care for her and think that she’s special. It’s a traditional gesture of respect, and one that you should keep alive. No matter whether you’re attending a formal or casual social gathering, always take her coat at the start of the evening and get it for her at the end of the evening.
Before sitting down to dine or socialize, pull out her chair for her and help her push it back in. Don’t push too hard. You don’t want to send her face first into the table. Be gentle and make the gesture seem effortless.
Way #4 – Be Chivalrous & Offer Your Seat
A gentleman always offers his place to a woman. It’s the polite, courteous thing to do. When General Robert E. Lee was riding in a railroad car to Richmond, VA, he politely gave up his seat to a humble elderly lady after no other man would.
He proclaimed that if there was no seat for this elderly lady, then there was no place for him. Always give up your seat to a woman. It’s also polite to offer it to older men or those who have physical disabilities as well.
Way #3 – Always Maintain Self-Control
A gentleman is always calm, cool and collected. He doesn’t let his anger get the best of him, and he handles confrontation in an intelligent and non-violent way. He doesn’t allow his emotions to take control of his actions. He’s confident and understands that the actions of others do not have to affect him.
Self-control is at the heart of chivalry. Chivalrous men follow a code of honor. They control their desires, and are not controlled by them. They practice self-discipline and do not allow their pride to get in the way of doing the right thing!
Way #2 – Unleash The Power of Giving Her an Unexpected Flower
The tradition of giving women flowers is as old as romance itself. Yet so many men overlook just how important this little gesture is. Give her flowers for no other reason than to make her smile.
The unexpected surprise will show her that you care enough to go out of your way to bring her something beautiful. Do not underestimate the power of the unexpected flower!
Way #1 – Pay for Dinner
Women may be more independent than they once were, but paying for a meal is still the chivalrous thing to do. At one time, men paid for dinner primarily because ladies did not work. Today, this is more of a gesture of courtesy and respect.
Keep in mind: While you should always offer to pick up the tab, do not force the issue if she’s adamant about paying her way. If she insists on this, split the bill and offer to pay next time.